Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentine Photo Keepsakes



I’m pretty excited about the Valentines pictures we took for our parents. I really wish I could show you their precious faces, but just use your imagination:




This is a project you can adjust and personalize… I think one of my former coworkers did this with her 2-year-olds a few years ago. 





I used some cardstock, doilies, paper hearts, foam stickers, etc. Then I just freehanded some letters on black cardstock. It’s pretty much whatever you have on hand.





And then I attached the "I" and "You" to the walls and gave each child a chance to hold the "Love" sign as I photographed them. I took about 4-6 photos of each child. You have to move fast while they're still interested! Of course, my students are pretty used to seeing my little blue camera on and pointed at them, so smiling was no problem for them.

 

We were also given some white cardstock frames, on which we fingerprinted some hearts. The one on the left is mine; the one on the right is a toddler’s.




Then I simply attached them together using some photo-safe tape I use for scrapbooking. After all, we want this to last!




On the back, I wrote the year, our school name, and my name, because we all know how hard it is to remember things even a year later!




Then I put them all together around our bulletin board. Can’t wait to send them home!






3 comments:

  1. This is a really sweet idea. I took a thank you card picture of my son with "Thank You" spelled out in alphabet blocks when he was a baby, and it was so cute, but I haven't done anything similar since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet. Wonderful keepsake.

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty.

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...